Will the Application for a Domestic Violence Order be Granted?
AITKEN WHYTE LAWYERS BRISBANE
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ORDERS, DVO QLD (AVO), PROTECTION ORDERS LAWYERS AND SOLICITORS FOR BRISBANE, QLD – CALL 24/7: 07 3229 4459
Circumstances the Courts consider for a Domestic Violence Order (DVO)
A Magistrate can make a domestic violence order if satisfied that:
- The aggrieved and respondent are in a relevant relationship; and
- The respondent has committed domestic violence against the aggrieved; and
- The order is necessary or desirable to protect the aggrieved (and any named persons) from domestic violence.
Unless all three criteria are satisfied, a domestic violence order cannot be made.
It is not enough to simply satisfy the Court that domestic violence has occurred. A Court will only consider the imposition of an order “necessary or desirable to protect the aggrieved from domestic violence” if the need for protection of the aggrieved (and named persons) against the risk of future domestic violence is real and continuing. This assessment will depend on the particular facts of the case. Circumstances the Courts consider relevant include:
- Evidence of past domestic violence and conduct;
- Genuine remorse;
- Rehabilitation including counselling;
- Medical treatment;
- Compliance with any temporary protection orders; and
- Changes of circumstances (such as parties separating or one party relocating to another place).
If you would like assistance to apply for or respond to a domestic violence order our dedicated solicitors can assist you in and out of Court. Call Aitken Whyte Lawyers Brisbane on 07 3229 4459 or follow the links below for more information on Domestic Violence.
Call Aitken Whyte Lawyers for solutions and results, for expert and experienced advice to represent you at this important time or, if you want to learn more about our services in Queensland. For Brisbane and surrounding areas including Ipswich, Redlands, Logan, Redcliffe and Caboolture call 07 3229 4459
or email us
Office Location and Contact Details
Aitken Whyte Lawyers Brisbane
Ph: 07 3229 4459
2/414 Upper Roma Street
Brisbane QLD 4000
Fax: +617 3211 9311